Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ilocos Day 2

Our Ilocos Trip was just really short our second day was the last day already It was a quick tour from Ilocos norte to Vigan Ilocos Sir. So the first in our Itinerary was the La Paz Sand Dunes. Its literally a desert in the philippines. This was were local movies such as panday, temptation island and even hollywood movies like mad max was shot. You dont really need to go to dubai to experience the fun. Here we had to try Sand surfing! which was so fun even if i always hit my butt on the sand. Also got to try thr 4x4 atv ride. Damn it was SOOOO shaky! it feels like a roller coaster under the crazy drivers
control!
Butt on sand! FUN SAND BOARDING!





This 4x4 ride was sooooo! Epic! The ride literally drained all my energy! good thing the sand wasnt rocky and it is soo fine.
Before the 4x4 ride
Fresh after the 4x4 ride
I still had the strength to pose with the 4x4s:)
With my Roomates (p.s. I look thin here)
Next stop was the Paoay Church! on the side it has a thai like architecture and the bell tower is like the other churches in ilocos ceparated from the church itself:) I like how the church was structured.they say its more beautiful at night too bad i wasnt able to see it MUST COME BACK! next time

Next was Marcos Musoleum & Batac Ilocos' Famous empanada! In the facade of the Marcos Musoleum I saw Congressman Farinas & got a chance to enter and see his body. Damn I think it is real. They must spend that much money just to preserve his body years from now. I also hound this store that was trying to be like starbucks they called it storebucks which is just a sari sari store.
With Congressman Farinas


After the short tour at Ilocos Norte we had to go to Ilocos Sur, VIGAN! they said it was 1 hour and 30 minutes drive but it took us more than 2 hours to go there. First stop was Syquia Mansion the home of late president Elpidio Quirino.Theres some goosebumps felt here I heard a lot of stories from my classmates:)

Next favorite stuff was in Baluarte I dont know I wanna feel like being a kid in this place:) Funny thing is that all the animals are lose as in literally you can see donkeys loitering even ostriches and bambi the deer! theres even a camel on the loose! and i got a chance to feed her her name was barbie:) There is also a free donkey ride at baluarte;) fun place it is indeed:) got to go around with my groupmate judo:)





Second to the last stop after baluarte was this bell tower where they said panday's scene was shot the scene where he had to pull out the sword:).Talk about film tourism:)I got one really great shot to share for this place an awesome jumpsut of me and some of my classmates:)

WHAT I WORE until this part of the tour.
Tank top w/ lace : Guess, Shorts from some Bazaar, Silver Fitflops, Boaters Hat from  SM Accesories

Last stop was VIGAN!I had to change my top since it was too icky already This was challenging since i had to take photos and carry all the bagnet and longganisa that cire ordered:) OMG im such a good girlfriend:)) swear i was carrying more than 50 percent of his requests:).I love the view of vigan truly inspired with the spanish architecture:)so pretty.
 Tank Top from H&M, I was also wearing an orange and black feather earing from Eastwood

I enjoyed this tour but we skipped a lot of places and missed buying the hat in calle crisologo so i want to go back. The trip was affordable so i think ill stick with the agency our prof got. A & A express travel Thank you for being with us in our Ilocos trip!
Much love,
Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment