Monday, March 18, 2013

Not so Ordinary Sunday Afternoon

    Heres a glimpse of what usually happens on my usual sunday afternoon. Let me tell you a story on how this happened. There was this "big change" i keep referring to that inspired me to go on Auditions, Go-Sees and VTRs again. I first tried going to Auditions and Open Castings, got called back for the second time but not yet to final casting, Not bad for me whos new again in the industry. Though I still have update for my profile in my modeling agency so they would think im still alive after almost 3 years of not showing up. Moving on I had the idea of trying every open go-see and audition i would see until my instincts brought me to Q-Edsa Plaza(former BEATalent Office).I actually had no idea what i was go see-ing for, All I know was maybe this casting director would have some plan for me. BINGO! There was Sir Bryan Ancheta known to be the talent Manager of Child Wonders Zaijan Jaranilla, Xyriel Manabat, Mutya Orquia and many more kids in ABSCBN Shows. I walked in and he asked me to fill up the information sheet and while i was fillling it up he was already interviewing me like he saw something for me. Then he said "You look like Marian Rivera...Marunong ka maghosting?....may workshop ka na?...." and a lot more that i know is usually asked during go sees.He then made me do some sample speaking and then he said "ang dami kong plano for you". There was joy in me that even if there was nothing happening yet i could feel the good luck and good opportunity that he is bringing and giving me, and so i drove myself home full of joy and hope. Heres a Regram from his instagram of my go see
  Days after I was sent off for taping for a role with continuity and after which I got a text for a workshop. Though ive had workshops for basic theater acting in PETA before, i believe there is a lot of room for the knowledge youll get in more workshops. Its always about allowing yourself to keep on learning.So i Attended the First Workshop, it was with Acting Coach Jay Jabian who Happens to be a Freelance Actor. There he assesed my acting capacity and what needs to be improved. Funny when he told me i was pegged for a kontrabida and i hope i am given a break as kontrabida. Jay has a very good disciplinem knowing he came from the theater industry i know he got the skills for acting and that he knows best. Well teachers do know best but i really look up to him as an actor. I also got to observe how one of Sir Bryan's Child wonder Yugo act on workshop as he joined us for that afternoon . Yugo was the Lead child actor for the teleserye Wako Wako! This kid is awesome!
    Inspiring, Fun and more Fun while learning especially when you get to have new friends. They were mostly kids and rarely teens so the kids were really jolly and sweet to be firends with me. Though i do have only one "teen-mate" that time at least i was relieved on thinking im too old to workshop:)) Hes not far from my age so at least i got someone to jive with.Heres a snap of my first friends at workshop .
     The little girl is little nicole yes shes also named nicole and im her ate nicole:)) I do really find her pretty and i hope she gets her big break even on commercials. She do got talent especially for drama weeks later i then saw her she was already taping for may isang pangarap! She cries, she smiles, she delivers really well I fully support you nicole i know you can break a leg!  The guy is Daryl Borces, a model in Cebu who just came to experience life in manila I suppose, hes the only one near my age in the workshop so yay for me! This guy captures the eye of many well for me because he do looks familiar but not really because i know him but he really looks like Aljur Abrenica in person therefore I call him aljur:") For his first time in workshop i'd say cheers to his confidence boost and his willingness to learn that i saw in his eyes.Not bad for a first time his charm would drive millions but his skill when developed would i hope bring him far beyond his goals in the industry.They were my first few friends along with my acting coach jay who is really cool, nice and down to earth!

    So there goes the story of how my "extraordinary sunday afternoon started". The other sunday i was able to cry and experience dealing with a co actor my age. This past sunday we were asked to deliver scenes with actors/actresses  far young from our age with kids.  It was a challenge as we had to create a connection and go back to being kids so we could understand and jive with them. The connection and fusion with your co actor is important to make a great scene and i was paired with little annika. Little Annika still not that good in delivering her lines well shes still young it could still be developed and it was a challenge to make her understand on how she should feel the character im creating and ask her to make me feel pressure:)).  At least it was good though a little shaky at first i know we did our best. Heres a quick snap from our improv! Thats the great Direk Lir Dela Cruz conducting our workshop

       I go to BEATalent's Acting workshop Every Sunday 1-5pm in 3rd flr PSME bldg. Scout Bayoran Quezon City. I do recommend this place for a workshop as it will completely develop your skills and even talents as an actress/actor they also have Modeling & Dancing workshops after acting which i tried attending to for a little while.
With Instructors & Workshopers
Thats what I get busy with on my sunday afternoons so if you wanna join just like BEATalent on Facebook for updates and inquiries of the different workshops they have for you.

As for WHAT I WORE. I thought it was hot and i was feeling the summer heat so i wore this Hello Kitty Top from FOREVER21, dont you just love how "presko" the back detail is? Paired it up with black shorts from a random bazaar, leather belt from ROXY and a simple ring and earing:) I also wore fuschia loafers from RUBI by COTTON ON with it but wasnt able to take a photo.
 

          SO HOW DID YOUR WEEK ENDED? because mine did great!Its another wonderful week ahead and i hope you guys make the most out of it! Thank You for finding time to read and i hope i inspired you to get a good new summer activity you'll love. Take Care Ya'll Have a Great week! lets keep on visiting this blog for more stories!

XOXO 
Nicole Borgonia

FOLLOW ME on TWITTER & INSTAGRAM: "zesupernova"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment